Nov 15, 2009

50th Post!

Wow, this is my 50th blog post!

When I started this, I expected my usual be-really-into-it-for-about-a-week-and-quit self to emerge full force. But now, about six months and 50 posts later, I'm still typing away.

Perhaps it's because I'm just too full of stuff to say and nobody to say it to, or simply because I love to ramble, but I really enjoy blogging.

I don't make myself post. At first, I thought I was going to have to, as I do with most things in life. But I don't. Occasionally, I just feel an overwhelming urge to start typing away. I did away with the pressure to write something every day. That's just not practical. The urges come close enough together to keep the intervals at decent length.

Blogging sometimes has a bad connotation. People assume it's where preteen girls whine all over the internet. And maybe it is. But not always. I keep up with several blogs (as seen by the little thing that shows what I follow... somewhere on here...) and I really enjoy reading them. It's just like a little slice of somebody else's day, a chunk of their thoughts, that I'd never be privy to otherwise.

And even if another soul never knows this blog here exists, I consider it worth it. There's a sort of therapy in dumping the thoughts clogging my head onto this website. I never think of anybody else ever reading it as I write it.

I really think blogging is a big part of the future of the media. It works better than a newspaper, in a way, because it enables instant feedback, instant revisions. (But instant revisions are also bad. It's one step closer to Big Brother, after all.) You just have to trust and hope for the best, I guess.

So here's to blogger and fifty more posts/ramblings!

No comments:

Post a Comment