Aug 18, 2009

Sweet Reassurance

Today, I got a taste of my possible future. I liked it. This is reassuring.

I liked the frantic feeling in the air that signifies something is about to happen. People in suits running everywhere. The abnormal events just make everything feel different; the air is different. I love that feeling. I want to chase that feeling.

And document it. I was afraid that my notes were inadequate and that I wouldn't be able to force the words out of my head and onto the paper. I sat, staring for a brief moment at the blinking cursor, impatiently urging me to write something. I started to type. It was rough at first, but the words did come. And they weren't half bad.

After my teacher read them, she made sure I wanted to do this for the rest of my life. I confidently answered yes. I'm glad those words were in me, that confidence was in me, that passion is in me. This was the kind of reassurance I needed to give me the motivation to power through this year. I was losing faith in my ability to do much of anything. Today, I tasted a little of my old fervor.

Now I'm excited for the future. Temporarily, at least. =]

No comments:

Post a Comment