Sep 21, 2009

Typing and Typing and Typing...

I don't know why I'm so obsessed with defining things nowadays, as evidenced by recent writings.

Maybe it's a need to set parameters, unchangeable constants, unshakable realities. As the world shifts around me and pushes me forward, however reluctant I may be, I can try to give everything definition. I can try to dissipate my misty uncertainty.

But it doesn't really work. I guess it's my mind trying to play a trick on itself. Some sort of natural survival mechanism.

Or maybe I just want to find my own beliefs amongst a sea of other people's that float around in my head. Or are my beliefs just a collage of everybody's I've ever heard or read? Does anyone think original thoughts anymore? Are all the thoughts in the world used up? What would it be like to live in a world where everything I think is obvious was just being discovered, brand new?

Enough with the incoherent paragraph of rhetorical questions.

This blog has no point. No cohesive meaning I'm trying to convey. No preliminary thought went into this at all, as I'm sure is glaringly obvious as I just type and type. But it matches the state of my brain lately. Incoherent, incohesive. All those words that start with "in" and usually a "c".

I find the best thing to do when I feel like that is write and write and eventually I get to the bottom of things. No thinking, just typing. And a lot of sentence fragments for emphasis.

I'm sorry about this pile of nothing, but sometimes you have to get all the nothing out before you can get to the somethings.

No comments:

Post a Comment