Jun 7, 2009

Goals for the Summer!

I already fail one my goals- fill this out everyday! I figured if I put my goals here in this blog, it might provide some accountability? A daily reminder? Motivation? Or maybe I'm just bored right now. Either one. So here it goes, my summer goals!



1) Read, read, read! I love to read and don't feel like I read enough during the school year when my time is occupied reading school-related things. By the time I read five textbook chapters, I don't feel up to recreational reading. I have an on-going list of books I want to seek out and read, but most of all is The Perks of Being a Wallflower, which I've wanted to read fooorever but can never find a copy, the rest of Chuck Palahnuik's books, and whatever else I can get my grubby hands on. Oh, and my summer reading project.


2) Get my license! This is less of a goal than a necessity. I really, really must get it. I have to grow up eventually, and the prime time is now. No time like the present, eh? I feel like it would open up my life so much to drive. Stupid irrational fears hold me back from so much. I drove an hour long trip yesterday and was terrified the entire time, but survived. I just have to do it! It's sad to be a Senior who's never driven or worked!

3) Exercise! I've been really negligent in the whole health area this past year, and I've started to gain weight. I'm not obese by any means, but nipping in the bud, you know? I want to swim a few laps every day, and go on walks with my friend in the afternoons. I've already started drinking only water after about 6:00, most of the time. I used to not drink water at all, so that's an improvement. Baby steps.

4) Keep my darn room clean! This seems to make it to every list of goals I've ever made in my entire life, and I never accomplish it. Maybe this time.... Life's easier when stuff's organized. I don't know why I can't leave it that way. I can't seem to keep it orderly if my life depended on it. A constant struggle between me and my useless stuff. One day...

5) Be more social! I fail at being a teenager. I'm running out of time and quick. Maybe I should slip a little actual fun into my teenage years. I should see my friends before next August. I should get out of the house every now and then and actually do something.

Well, I thought I'd have more goals than that, not that this will be an easy feat. I feel so lazy and unmotivated these days. If I just accomplish a few of these, it might provide the confidence required to accomplish more, and maybe make something of my Senior year! Thus ends a completely lame blog entry, true to the title. The next one might be a little more exciting haha

No comments:

Post a Comment